Thrift Store Scores

September 6, 2011

A few weeks ago I had some major sucess at my local Salvation Army on 50% off Wednesday.  I just have to share what I picked up for just a few dollars.



Several boring, but useful items...



... cute vintage clothes for the girl on the way (the dress is a pink seer sucker and is so darling)...



... and two sets of Vera dinner napkins.



I was particularly thrilled to stumble upon the napkins.  A worker had just brought out a new bin of linens, and this stack of napkins was sitting on top, all still neatly folded.  Even from a few feet away I knew they would be high quality cotton, and I had a sneaking suspicion that they were made by Vera.   When I brought them up to the counter I had no idea what the cashier would charge for both sets, but she gave me the stack for $1.  Yes!  They are beautiful, vintage, and useful.  I love using cloth napkins, and these fit in with my collection quite nicely.  I considered trying to sell them on Etsy or Ebay, but I decided instead to keep them for myself and enjoy my thrifty find (although $30 would have also been enjoyable). 



I also recently picked up a couple of dresses that need a quick refashion and should be appearing on this blog soon, and two free strollers!  I was at the Goodwill when a worker was wheeling two strollers towards the dumpster.  Apparently it's against their policy to resell strollers (so keep that in mind if you are thinking of donating strollers to them), and they were headed for the trash.  Of course I couldn't let them throw away a perfectly good McLaren umbrella stroller and a Peg Perego Pliko Lite.  So I folded them both up, and drove away with the huge rush I always get when I score at the thrift store!



What kinds of bargains have you been finding lately?  Please share!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...