Apple Prints

September 8, 2011

I don't know how it goes it your house, but at my house my kids do not play by themselves.  (Well, the baby crawls around ripping everything out of cupboards and off shelves, but the four year old just does not have the "entertain herself" skill.)  So, I feel like I need to have a lot of tricks up my sleeve to get through the day.  One of our favourite projects recently is printing.  In September apples are abundant, which makes this kid craft perfect for fall.


To make your own apple print, simply cut an apple in half, dip it in some paint, and stamp away.  I've seen this done with other fruits or vegetables, too. Don't you think corn on the cob would look neat?  I'm not going to lie, most of my daughter's paintings end up looking like the blue mash of paint you see in the picture below.  (And, yes mine is the neater print you see in the bottom of the picture.)  However, I always remind myself that kid art is about the process, not the product


With older kids, you could get into patterning, or use permanent paint and print onto fabric.  Has anyone else tried printing with fruits or vegetables?  Later this week I think we'll try leaf printing for another fall themed art project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...