1 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Icing Sugar
1 tsp. Almond Flavour
2¾ Cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
3/4 Cup Whole Almonds (can be blanched or not)
1 Tube Red Gel icing
- Mix all of the ingredients together except the almonds and red gel.Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Working with ¼ dough at a time, roll heaping teaspoons into finger shapes.
- Use a knife to cut knuckles and press in almonds for nails.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and cook at 325º for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool 3 minutes, then lift the almond, squeeze in gel and press almond back.