Here is a recipe that is simple and oh-so-satifying. It is also a recipe that you can't mess up. (Unless, of course, you use vinegar instead of white corn-syrup. But who would do that? Ah-hem... Okay, I did that one time, and it was not my finest moment.)
Whenever I bring this caramel corn to a potluck, it gets gobbled up, and everyone asks for the recipe. I am always happy to oblige. I often make a quick no-bake caramel corn, but when you have the extra time, baking it in the oven is worth it, if only for the fact that it won't stick to your teeth. Make this and your teeth will thank you, but more importantly, so will your stomach.
Oven Baked Carmel Popcorn
15 Cups Air Popped Popcorn
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 200º.
- Place popcorn in large roasting pan or 2 ungreased 9 x 13 pans.
- Heat brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt in saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until bubbly.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Pour sugar mixture over popcorn and toss until evenly coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread out and let cool.